I was reading my friend Amanda’s new blog last week and got to the bottom of it where she wrote that she was nominating me for the Liebster Award! I had never heard of it before, but apparently (from what I found through google) the Liebster Award is given to newer bloggers and was created to help bloggers interact and get to know each other! From what I understand, basically the rules are that if someone nominates you, then you have to post 11 facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you! Then you nominate other newer bloggers to keep it going…
Since I was thinking of doing one of those “10 facts you might not know about me” posts anyway, I thought this was a great idea to make it a little more interesting! I was also sold on the idea because it’s called the Liebster award…if you’ve been following my blog for a while, then you know that my dad’s side of the family is German and lives in the South East of Germany…Liebster (or Liebste) roughly translates to beloved or sweetheart! So I like to think of this award as spreading some blogging love to other newer bloggers…
So first, here’s 11 Facts that you might not know about me:
1. You might know from the “Meet Annamarie” page on my blog that I used to want to be an Actress…but you might not know that when I was 15 I played the older sister (named Pamela) of a demon possessed boy in a show called A Haunting: Demon Child on the Discovery Channel. You can find it on Youtube here if you want to laugh at me.
2. I am a dual citizen of the United States and Germany (since my mom is an American, but my dad chose to remain a German Citizen after he moved to the U.S.)
3. My favorite color is peach/coral! But my favorite colors to decorate with and wear are actually navy, teal and more neutral colors.
4. I graduated from college in three years and managed to never have an 8 AM class or a Friday class…I think I might have been more dedicated to getting the perfect schedule than I was to class. (Although I definitely valued my education and enjoy learning new things!)
5. I’m always cold…and my husband is the opposite so sometimes we get into thermostat wars at our house…he’s really nice and usually lets me win though!
6. I love my planner. I bring it with me everywhere and I make lists every day..if i don’t, then i don’t get anything done. I love getting to cross stuff off the lists!
7. I LOVE Goldfish…but they have to be the baked original kind, not the cheddar. I’m not allowed to buy them or else I’d eat the whole bag in one sitting. I also love grilled cheese sandwiches with grape jelly on them (if you havnt tried this, you’re missing out!).
8. I collect mugs. I have more mugs than cabinet space, but I can never resist buying a cute one! A cute mug definitely enhances the coffee drinking experience.
9. I started dating ryan when I was 16…we got to know each other because he was my math tutor. So romantic I know;).
10. When I was five years old I was so obsessed with the Lion King that I would only answer to “Nala” and would ignore anyone who tried to call me Annamarie.
11.I’m still terrified of the dark..i make us sleep with the hall light on..
And here’s the answers to the 11 questions from Amanda!:
One of the most gorgeous brides ever…