Today I am SO excited to be welcoming a new member to the AAP lineup of gear…AHH! My new Canon 5D Mark iii camera body just got delivered to my door…and I did an actual happy dance and may or may not have scared the UPS man…I couldn’t help it! I’m so excited!
I first rented this baby a few months ago and it sort of felt like a mistake because I literally felt like I couldn’t live without it afterwards…Which of course is totally not true..one of my favorite photographers built a successful photography business using a Canon 50D…now THAT’S impressive. Much more impressive than prematurely investing in a bunch of gear that you feel like you have to have just because Katelyn James has it (ie. how I felt at first..heh)..For me it’s been really wise to wait to invest in certain gear until I actually truly need it, am ready for it, and won’t go into debt over it. Being a good photographer is really not about the camera. There is so much to learn and it’s been so good to push myself to create better images with my Mark ii! A good camera definitely helps though. I’ve been so thankful for my mark ii camera and for how far it’s taken me over the past year and a half…it will always be my first camera child and I will always have loved it longer (okay this is me being slightly overdramatic..heheh…but seriously you guys, I love my mark ii so much!). I was in desperate need of a new backup camera though, and since I want to be able to offer my clients the BEST images I possibly can, the Mark iii was an obvious choice for me! I am so excited to test this baby out at my first wedding of the year tomorrow! Here is the shiny new box…eeeek!
In other news, it has been a good week overall! As usual, here’s the weekly wrap-up:
- Today is the beginning of MARCH..aka. my birthday month! Wooo!
- We got to go skiing last weekend and I’m already dreaming of the next time we get to go…
- I got to meet with a potential 2014 bride! It’s crazy because that seems so far away, but brides seem to be booking earlier and earlier these days! I love when a meeting just feels like I’m hanging out with friends…and I love hearing about the wedding day vision! The details are my favorite part!
- Met with a CPA. It feels so good to be paying a professional to help us handle our taxes..what would have taken us days is going to take him an hour. Sweet relief.
- Last night I got to hang out with one of my good friends, Melanie, for a few hours while Ryan was away on business for the night…and it was so much fun and reminded me of college life. I LOVE being married and being a grownup..I wouldnt trade this season of my life for anything and these really feel like the best days of my life..but college was such a sweet time of getting to live with a bunch of my best girlfriends and of getting to hang out with them all the time and sometimes I miss that! Dear college roomies, in case any of you are reading this I just wanted to give you a shout out to remind you how much I love you girls!
- My first taste of the 2013 wedding season kicks off this weekend! Then I have one more March wedding and lots and lots of engagement sessions, before getting a little break at the beginning of April before the real wedding season starts…I’m so excited for my brides!